SIPs meet and exceed today's construction needs, and are the perfect fit for your next building project.
The design flexibility, unique performance properties, and exceptional strength, combined with the energy and labor saving potential, make structural insulated panels an important twenty-first-century building material.
For nearly 40 years, Enercept has been the go-to construction solution for a wide range of building projects and homes. Architects appreciate the flexibility in design that SIPs offer.
Creatively complex wall lines and roofs are more easily built with pre-fabricated Enercept SIPs. We do the hard part here, in the factory; once on the job-site the panels are assembled for the unique design you planned for.
Today SIPs offer an affordable high tech solution for residential and nonresidential buildings. Advances in computer-aided design and manufacturing allow SIPs to be produced with amazing accuracy to deliver flat, straight, and true walls.
Architects are gaining design flexibility and environmental product benefits. Enercept takes pride in being the most customized product on the market. From a curved panel design to a segmented one and everything in-between, Enercept's handcrafted panels can take on almost any design you can imagine.
Unique Performance Properties
- Meets Continuous Insulation Requirements of the latest IECC codes
- 40-60% Less Energy Usage - Effective January 1, 2012, all new homes must follow the ENERGY STAR Version 3 guidelines that include higher insulation levels and an expanded thermal enclosure checklist. Building with structural insulated panels (SIPs) allows builders to meet these requirements faster and easier than with traditional wood framing by creating a well-insulated and airtight building enclosure in a single step.
- Heating and cooling are more evenly distributed in a SIP home. SIP walls have a more consistent temperature, free of the spikes found with frame wall construction. This is a difficult quality to measure but has a significant impact on occupant comfort.
- Less Raw Materials and Waste - Little or no job-site waste. Except caulk packaging, everything that arrives on the Enercept delivery truck gets used in erecting the building. It also makes for an easier to maintain a clean job site.
Improved Dimensional Stability - Enercept’s 6” Structural Insulated Panels are 2 1/2 times stronger than a 2 X 6 Stud Wall. One of the added benefits of building a super-insulated laminated panel is their incredible strength and stability. Flat, straight, strong and stable over the long-haul. Stick-framing relies on the integrity of a multitude of connection points between 2-x material and sheathing. With SIPs, loads are distributed across the entire panel due to the continuous bond between the sheathing and rigid insulation.
Energy and Labor Saving Potential
- Enercept Structures go up quickly, are straighter, flatter, stronger and provide an exceptional construction experience. Reduce Framing Labor by 55%, Shorten construction duration. Eliminate most insulation labor. SIPs fit together like puzzle pieces, making their construction simple and straightforward. This is a significant benefit for those who rely upon inexperienced or volunteer labor.
- It is difficult to quantify increases in construction time, as this differs significantly between projects. However, because SIPs constitute an entire wall assembly and are shipped to a job site ready to be placed on a foundation, construction is simple and quick.
- Downsize HVAC equipment, and get a Warmer, Tighter, Stronger, Quieter building. Save on energy costs for the life of the structure.
When you break it down, building with Enercept SIPs just makes sense.