Enercept is GREEN!
Benefits of Green Construction:
» Clean » Healthy
» Durable » Marketable
» Comfortable » Lower Environmental Impact
» Many lenders offer special financing incentives for environmentally-friendly homes
This LEED Platinum home built with Enercept SIPS is owned by Paul Theis and boasts a HERS Score of only 17.
The home incorporates an active solar, radiant heat system. According to Paul, “We absolutely love our Enercept home.”
A HERS Rating is an official analysis of a home’s energy performance. The process involves an analysis of a home’s construction plans and on-site inspections. Included are an assessment of building components, performance testing (Blower Door and Duct Blaster tests) and energy modeling with accredited software and a HERS Report.
Enercept is an environmentally conscious company that encourages the practice of “reduce, reuse, and recycle.”
- The OSB sheathing is derived from fast growth, replaceable tree crops.
- The EPS foam insulation used in Enercept panels does not contain any CFC’s, HCFC’s, formaldehyde, and does not produce harmful off-gassing.
- All waste foam in the plant is recycled for reuse. Enercept basement panels use up to 80% recycled EPS foam.
- The pre-engineered nature of the Enercept system virtually eliminates job site waste during framing, creating less stress on our valuable landfills.
- Enercept homes use an average of 50% less energy than conventionally framed homes. Residential energy use constitutes 20 percent of all U.S. carbon dioxide air pollution. It also accounts for 26 percent of sulfur dioxide and 15 percent of nitrogen oxide emissions.
When selecting materials for your next building project, consider the lifelong environmental effects.
More about building green with Enercept