How Does Enercept Compare?
SIPs vs. Conventional Framing
To compare the cost of SIPs to stick-frame construction is not an apples-to-apples comparison. Stick construction cannot compete with the thermal efficiency or superior strength of SIPs. Although the materials-to-materials cost of SIPs may be slightly higher than 2x construction, you must keep in mind that you are actually paying for some framing labor when you purchase our panels. The 50% or greater energy savings quickly recoups any additional investment over the cost of conventional framing. The savings continue even when you sell your home. A study released by the EPA in 1998 revealed that energy efficiency increases the resale value of homes by $20 for every $1 in annual energy cost savings.
Enercept vs. Other Panelizers
Enercept offers the MOST FULLY CUSTOMIZED SIPs on the market.
- Enercept utilizes insulated connecting posts which results in an unbroken thermal shell.
- Enercept rough openings are factory engineered, cut and framed, further reducing construction time, job site waste, and framing errors. Custom-cut panels eliminate the hassle of panel modification on the job site.
- Enercept has a patented electrical chase for routing wiring. Enercept has developed a complete Electrical Guide for electricians.
- Enercept’s unique panel press can accommodate panel core thickness from 1″ to 16″.
- Enercept is renowned in the SIP industry for our ability to produce panels for even the most difficult designs. We employ an experienced drafting team to assist our customers with their design needs.
- Enercept can provide an on-site training technician for builders to ensure quality construction and to minimize the learning curve. A detailed Construction Guide and Electrical Guide are issued with every project.
As the cost of crude oil continues to rise, and the availablility of fossil fuels continues to decline, the resale value of energy efficient housing will continue to improve.
Take a closer look at the Enercept SIPs advantage - 605-882-2222